Equipment Definitions can be created by taking the following steps:
- Click the Configuration Tab, this will open the Configuration Desktop
- On this Desktop open the Part Definition Listbox, which includes Equipment Definitions
- Press the New Equipment Definition Icon in this Listbox
- Fill out the information on the Equipment Definition Form
- Move the Equipment Definition to Active Status by pressing the 'Next' Icon.
It is possible that you will get a message: Item already exists, this is caused when the Equipment Number in combination with the Revision already exists for another Equipment Definition. Change either the Number or the Revision to get the Equipment Definition to the active state.
NOTE: An Equipment Definition does NOT represent real-life Equipment, Equipment Definitions should be seen as Equipment Types or Categories. To represent real-life Equipment in EZ-MES, you have to create Equipment Records.
The sequence of steps is shown in the following figure:
- Equipment Definitions
- Find Equipment Definitions
- Equipment Definition Form
- Connect an Equipment Defintion to a Step Definition
- Equipment Records
- Create New Equipment and Assign Serialized IDs
- EZ-MES Objects
- Configuration Objects
- Execution Objects
- System Objects
- Miscellaneous Objects
- Skateboard example
- Onsite & Self support training course