Equipment Definitions can be created by taking the following steps:
- Click the Equipment Configuration Tab, this will open the Equipment Configuration Desktop
- On this Desktop open the Equipment Definition Listbox.
- Press the New Equipment Definition Icon in this Listbox
- Fill out the information on the Equipment Definition Form / Dialog
- Move the Equipment Definition to Active Status by pressing the 'Next' Icon.
It is possible that you will get a message: Item already exists, this is caused when the Equipment Number in combination with the Revision already exists for another Equipment Definition. Change either the Number or the Revision to get the Equipment Definition to the active state.
NOTE: An Equipment Definition does NOT represent real-life Equipment, Equipment Definitions should be seen as Equipment Types or Categories. To represent real-life Equipment in EZ-MES, you have to create Equipment Records.
The sequence of steps is shown in the following figure:
- Equipment Definition Explanation
- Create a New Equipment Definition
- Create New Equipment Records - Walk Through
- Select an Equipment Instance on a Traveler Name-Value
- Serializing Equipment Records
- View Equipment Definitions
- View Equipment Records/Instances
- Managing Equipment
- Explanation of Equipment Record vs. Equipment Definition
- VIDEO: Creating an Equipment Definition and Instance