Create New Event Definition
Event Definitions can be created by taking the following steps:
- Click the Configuration or Equipment Configuration Desktop Tab on the left part of the sreen, this will open the Configuration Desktop or the Equipment Configuration Desktop.
- On this Desktop open the View all Event Definitions' Listbox.
- Press the New Event Definition Icon in the upper left corner of this Listbox.
- Fill out the information on the General Tab of the Event Definition Dialog / Form. More...
- Click the 'Trigger' Tab, and define the Trigger(s) for this Event Definition. More...
- Click the 'Action' Tab, and define the Action(s) for this Event Definition. More...
- Move the Event Definition to the Active Status by pressing the 'Next' Icon.
The step sequence is shown in the following figure:
Information on the General Tab
To create the Event Definition the following information can or should be filled out on the General Tab:
- Event Name: (required) Use a descriptive name so that it is easy to add event records to SD: Step Definitions.
- Description: A short description for this event.
- Event Updated: (Read Only) Shows the last time this Event Definition was updated.
- Repeats: (Required) Determines if an Event Record will create a new Event Record after the Event triggers and the action(s) are performed.
Select from existing Triggers, or create a new trigger by selecting - Create New Trigger - from the pulldown.
Select from existing Actions, or create a new Action by selecting - Create New Action - from the 'Add Action' pulldown.