Event Definitions can be created by taking the following steps:
- Click the goto the Configuration Desktopon the left part of the sreen.
- On this Desktop open the Event Definitions Listbox.
- Press the New Event Definition Icon in the upper left corner of this Listbox.
- Fill out the information on the Event Definitions Form. Where You can add Triggers and Actions directly to this form, or use their tabs in the following steps.
- Click the 'Trigger' Tab, and Add Trigger to Event,
- Click the 'Action' Tab, and Add Action to Event
- Move the Event Definition to the Active Object State by pressing the 'Next' Icon.
The step sequence is shown in the following figure:
Information on the General Tab
To create the Event Definition the following information can or should be filled out on the General Tab:
- Event Name: (required) Use a descriptive name so that it is easy to add event records to Step Definitions.
- Description: A short description for this event.
- Event Updated: (Read Only) Shows the last time this Event Definition was updated.
- Repeats: (Required) Determines if an Event Record will create a new Event Record after the Event triggers and the action(s) are performed.
Select from existing Triggers, or create a new trigger by selecting - Create New Trigger - from the pulldown.
Select from existing Actions, or create a new Action by selecting - Create New Action - from the 'Add Action' pulldown.
- Event Definitions
- Event Definitions Listbox
- Event Definitions Form
- Event Flow Diagram
- Add Trigger to Event
- Add Action to Event
- Multiple Triggers for an Event
- Event Trigger Example
- Email Notification Templates
- Event Records
- EZ-MES Objects
- Configuration Objects
- Execution Objects
- System Objects
- Miscellaneous Objects
- Skateboard example
- Onsite & Self support training course