Before going into detail, the user has to be aware of the basic assumptions made by the application:
- Any Part that is Tracked by the system has to be defined by a Part Definition
- Most Parts in the system are connected to a traveler (even when the traveler is finished). The exception are the Parts that are connected on a Purchase Order
- Each traveler is connected to a Flow Definition (the Flow Definition determines the sequence of steps)
- A Flow Definition is a Sequence of Step Definitions
- A Step Definition can:
- Have Material Consumption Elements (Defined as N-V values).
- Have Data Entry elements, that will require interaction with the user.
- Have multiple 'Input