A Traveler Form shows the Traveler information and consists of multiple areas, as shown in the following figure:
The sections below will discuss each of the Areas in more detail:
- Main Action Button
The Main action button appears in the upper right corner. The main action button shows the preferable action to get the Traveler to the next state:
- Create New Parts: NO Part Records are attached and the Flow Definition is configured to create parts, the Create parts button will show up.
- Grab Existing Parts: NO Part Records are attached, and the Flow Definition is configured to create parts, the Add parts button will show up. Learn more about grabbing (adding) vs creating parts
- Start Processing
- Stop Processing
- Step is Finished
- Print and Refresh Buttons
At the top of the form the buttons can be pressed to refresh the form, to get a Print Preview in a new popup, and to Print the Traveler in a new Browser Window. By using the Print Preview, you are able to adjust the settings for the Print Out, this way you can configure what information is printed on the Traveler.
- Status and Creation Information
Section that shows that the main state of the Traveler is Active, who created the Traveler and when it was created. The Icon represents Process State of the Traveler, the Red Gears represents INPROCESS and the stopwatch means the Traveler is QUEUED to be processed.
- Control Function Buttons
Dependent on the access rights of the user different control buttons can be available for the user. For operators on the Hold button is available to place Part on from the Traveler to a Hold Traveler.
Tabs can be used to access different sections of the traveler. The following tabs are available:
- General: Main entry point for Travelers
- Attached Parts: Will show the attached Part Records
- Specs: Get an overview of the Specification of the current parts that are traveling on this Traveler
- Instructions: Will show a list of Documents specifically for this Operation. Click this tab to find the reference material e.g. Work Instructions, plans etc...
- History: Shows history for the Traveler
- Attachments: Add attachments to this Traveler e.g. Report defects, upload pictures etc...
- Add Event Record: Use to add an Event Record to the Traveler
- All Events List: List of all Events linked to this Traveler
- Blog: Add a blog entry to this Traveler
- General Information Section
General Traveler Attributes, will show the Current Step (Click the name to open the Step Definition)
- Configurable Data Entry Section
Travelers can be configured to collect custom data for specific Steps. There are different kinds of data entries that can behave differently. Learn more...
- List of Attached Part Records
Click one of the Part Records in this list to open the Part Record Form.